Monday, October 8, 2007

Fall, Playoffs, and Toothaches

Okay, I am still waiting to hear from my manager about when I can return to work. More time off, but with more stress. Last week I acquired a toothache and thought it was an already filled tooth that was waiting for a crown. It got to hurting so much I could touch it and it would hurt. That is when I got a flashlight and looked. It wasn't the tooth with the filling, but the crown beside it. My dentist stated I needed a root canal. Great, here I am waiting to return to work and now this. What will go wrong next? I get to wait the long Columbus Day weekend before I can get the root canal. Talk about a long wait.

I should say what will happen next. Not what will go wrong next. We finally got rain, over 2 & 1/2 inches of it the other day. My Bermuda grass seed was just poking out of the soil when it hit. I have no idea how much got washed away. However, the drainage in that area worked great. I only had a few standing puddles after the rain stopped. Also, I was able to get out there after the rain stopped and see exactly how much water was flowing through the area. That will help a lot when I select the final site for the pond. Booger was there with me and he was excited about playing in the water. It has been so dry here I was almost to the point of giving him a bath! I didn't get a chance to disc the Bermuda grass seed under. I had spread it out over freshly graded and leveled ground, so I was hoping it would germinate from the surface, which it did. I have access to a disc, but didn't feel like driving about 40 miles with my toothache only to return it that same 40 miles the next day. I did try to make a drag out of the roll of concrete reinforcing wire that will be used in the barn center floor, chained to my Mahindra's loader bucket. It didn't work as I envisioned and I just let the seed grow as it laid.

Now that fall is creeping our way, the deer have been out at night eating the corn I put out. With the Harvest moon they came out every morning around 1 A.M. I know the time because Booger loves to just stay on the porch and bark into the darkness until I open the door and give him a "Scooby snack". My squirrel and bird feeder is falling apart, so it is time to build another one. My Flickers have not been seen. I first mistook these Flickers as Woodpeckers. My friend, Sara, straightened me out on this. Some Flickers fly south for the winter. So I need to find out what type of Flickers are coming up to my bird feeder. Getting a good photo of a Flicker has been fleeting. I have one, but is fuzzy as it was through the kitchen window and screen.
Wow, I had my root canal this morning. I am feeling a lot better and ready to get back outside and work! My Endodontist, Dr. Brad Mize, performed the rootcanal with less trauma then my dentist does just filling a cavity. He is awesome. So tomorrow is a new day with a temporary plug in my crown! Now I'm counting down 10 days to a permanent plug.
With me being off work and having a toothache, I did get to watch the Cubs make the playoffs. The Houston Astros didn't go anywhere this year, so I could root for the Chicago Cubs. I couldn't believe the Cubs lost three straight games to the Diamondbacks. That was sad, as next to the Astros, the Cubs are my favorite team. I don't watch much baseball throughout the season, but love to watch the playoffs and the World Series. So the Cubs are out. Who to root for now? The Diamondbacks? The Rockies? Stop back soon, and check out the pics I've put up.

hugs, Brandi

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brandi,

I'm so nosey, reading your blog

Lilly

Chris said...

Where shall we send fan mail?
:)
Serious though....I like your blog! Keep the pics coming!

Brandi said...

Lilly,
Feel free to ask questions.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi said...

Chris,
Fan mail? You can send it here. I am glad you like my blog. Thank you. I will post more pictures soon.
hugs, Brandi