Friday, November 9, 2007

Back on Schedule

What a relief. Wednesday afternoon I was told I could go back to work. As my Union's Airline Representative stated............there were too many inconsistencies for the company to keep you from working. I went back to work last night and got a warm welcome back. It was an easy night, but I was exhausted when I got home. As it was the last night of the work week, I managed to sleep for 3 hours today and then got up to work outside. I have been wanting to get outside and do more. But I haven't wanted to burn more diesel in the 6520 when I wasn't sure when I would get back to work. But I did get on the Mahindra today and condensed the burn pile for the final burn. Between it being dry and dusty and the ash of the burnt wood, the Big Red Beast needed a bath at the end of the day. After getting myself rinsed off and the Mahindra washed off, I saw that my neighbor had fires on two sides of their fence. I wasn't sure if they were there, so I drove over and saw that Von had two fires of dead wood and leaves burning. He came up to the fence and mentioned he would finish the fence on our property line when I was done with the dirt work and tree removal of that fence line. I then told him I was done, unless he wanted more trees cleared off of his side. So I guess in a week or two that fence will go in.

Sunday is here and almost gone. Where did this weekend go? Yesterday two of my friends and I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival. We usually dress up in period gowns or pirate outfits, but it was too hot and humid. I was also running short on sleep as Luke kept me up too late watching movies. So it was jeans and moccasins for the day. I had a few hard ciders and started feeling better. I found the hammered pewter mug I have been looking for and bought it. So when we go back in two weeks, I can drink hard cider out of it, then hang it on my belt. Depending on the weather, I will either be a Spanish Contessa (yes, with blond hair) or a pirate. I also bought a pirate cutlass, as the sword I have is too long to fit the authentic pirate look. Today I ordered, online, a red female pirate blouse that should be here this week. I have over the knee black leather boots to go with all this, so I should make a nice looking pirate. I will wear my Spanish Court gown only if it is really cold, as it is made out of wool and a burlap (yes, like old feed sacks) material. It is really heavy, but comfortable. Most of my friends like to see the shows and acts while at the Festival. But the friend I am going with in two weeks likes to hang out at the Sea Devil Tavern with me. It is a rowdy, rough looking place and I have a lot of fun there drinking hard cider or mead and acting the part with everyone else.

Rebecca's fish died this last week. Bless her heart, she put it in the toilet bowl to have a short funeral service for it and she poured all the water from the fish bowl in with the fish. Yes, the extra water caused the toilet to flush before she could gather her thoughts. It is really hard to cheer someone up over the phone that just lost a pet. Now she wants to get a kitty. She had me hook. line, and sinker. I think a kitty would be nice for her, but she needed a $200 pet deposit. So I transferred the cash to her account, only to find out the next day she needs $100 more to get the kitty from the animal shelter and buy supplies. I asked what happened to the free kitty? Wow, how do kids know you have some cash saved and want to tap into it?
Mom and Dad came over today. They stayed longer than usual as they were watching Luke and I play Worms on his PlayStation. It is a silly video game where worm like soldiers hurl all kinds of weapons at each other. There is even a flying hippo. The hippo is fun to fly, but I usually get upside down and crash it before hitting Luke's worms. This always provokes him to say something funny about my skills of playing the game. Phoebe and Sneaky were out also and Phoebe kept coming over to sniff Dad's lap as I had laid a raisin on his leg for her to eat. Dad calls her a cat. Mom loves to watch them play, so I put some raisins on the arm of her chair for Sneaky to eat. This goes on and on as my fuzzies never get tired of raisins and it puts smiles on Mom and Dad's faces. Well, I had better get to bed now. Check out the new pics I uploaded and come back soon to read more.
hugs, Brandi

No comments: