Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Change of Routine


Maybe this time next week my routine will be back to normal. I hurt my knee at work and have been off for a few weeks. This is bad in itself, but I work nights and having to go to physical therapy three days a week and the doctor once a week, I have not had the best of sleep. I have been getting up when normally I would be going to bed. Today, I was cleared by the Orthopedic surgeon to go back to work. So now I wait to get released for work by the company doctor. Which will be good, as I have been restricted from climbing ladders or kneeing. So the barn siding has been on hold, along with getting the center section ready for concrete pouring. All I have been doing is pampering my 6520.



Since it quit raining everyday a few weeks ago, I was able to clear more stumps and create a crude drainage ditch system to help my low area drain. Some day soon, I will start on the pond. I just need a good dry spell to help. We didn't have it this summer. I can hardly wait to start digging. I need to contact my county extension agent to pick his brain on any legal items I have missed. I don't have any plans or drawings on the pond, as it is all in my head. In Texas you can either have a stock tank or you can have a pond. Both are the same thing, but the use of the water tells what it is. A stock tank is mainly used for watering cows. But I learned how to fish with a cane pole in my Uncle's stock tanks. A pond doesn't have cows muddying it up and is usually for fishing or just looks. I will have it fenced off and an overflow pipe filling a water trough for the horses. I will have ducks too, so I will call my pond a Duck Pond. Dad raised Mallard ducks when I was little and I always thought they were the coolest thing on two feet.

Well, I hate to say it, but the new truck bug bit me while helping my daughter find her graduation present. I have been at the Dodge dealer on and off all week. I got to drive a Ram 3500 Quad cab long bed with the 6.7 liter Cummins diesel and the six speed automatic transmission for three days this week. I love the truck and want one. But I have been reading online forums about all the new exhaust emissions the truck has and how often these trucks are returning to the dealership with problematic "bugs". So I hesitate about buying one as I do not want to have a new truck with dealer "weaning" problems. Maybe next year! So I hope the aftermarket folks can get up to speed on modifications for increasing the MPG. I got 16.1 miles per gallon on the overhead meter while driving with a city/highway mix of 30 to 70.

I am still looking for a dependable maid for my aging parents. I am thinking of just once a week, after the house gets a good cleaning. Today I met with the home health care nurse. Home Health Care will be coming out once a week to take Mom and Dad's blood pressure and Dad's blood sugar levels. They will also come out 2-3 times a week to help Mom with her personal hygiene needs. Mom and Dad are so close to needing a nursing home. But as long as Dad can drive his car, I want them to be in their own home. Dad is 86. His Dad lived on the farm alone and drove 1 mile to town until he was 92. So it might be awhile longer that Dad can drive. I have checked into assisted living, but Mom & Dad (we) cannot afford those costs. It tugs my heart to see them going down slowly like this. Myself, I plan on staying busy and having therapy on my 6520! Stop in later to see what is keeping me busy.

Oh yeah...after having Rebecca's truck for a week, I took it to the dealer for the windshield chip repair. Well, I was informed the chip has been repaired once and could not be repaired again. Then they said they will be replacing the windshield. Thank you Lord. I told Rebecca this when I took her truck back to her as I needed my truck with it's gooseneck hitch over the weekend. I also told her she had to bring it home for the windshield replacement, as I will be back at work and won't have the time. Her response................."Can the dealer here in Austin change it?" That question hasn't been answered by my dealer, as the used car sales manager is on vacation! I hope your vacation goes well.

hugs, Brandi

No comments: