Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Poison Ivy

Labor day weekend had me out in the yard weed-eating my weeds. It is only the 2nd time I had done it all summer. So the weeds were thick. It took most of Friday to weed-eat and trim the larger vines around all the trees. On Saturday I took my backhoe off of the Big RED Beast and mounted the 3 point hitch arms. Then the brush hog gets hooked up and adjusted. Finally the gearbox is serviced. I mowed all the edges of the gully and a lot more brushy areas. I also mowed over at Von and Lori's down their high line easement. While mowing my gully, I kept watching for Christina. She was mowing the yard on my Hustler Fastrac and it was her first time. By the end of the day, I was covered in dirt and Christina with a smile on her face. The smile really stood out, as she had dirt all over her face also. The smile was from having so much fun on the zero turn mower. The dirt just another indication we needed rain. Which came a week later. Anyway, we had the place looking park like. The day after we celebrated Mom and Dad's birthday, I noticed I was itching. Yep, it was poison ivy. I didn't wait around for the poison ivy to leave on it's on. I got a cortisone shot as a big storm was coming into the Gulf of Mexico. Yep, Hurricane Ike is on track for the upper Texas coast.



I know this is a short post, but the approaching storm has all us running around like chickens with their heads cut off getting ready. So stop back later to hear how we faired.



hugs, Brandi

No comments: